Monday, December 22, 2008

Of Singapore Trip & Little India

Singapore Trip was exactly a week ago. Thanks YeeEng for taking time to organise this trip! The people who went were of coz, YeeEng herself, TerngSheng, LeeZhien, Jethro, Me, Eilene, ChinYuen, WaiShan, SuetYee, KaiXin and SueHue.

We took an executive bus down to S'pore. They served us SUBWAY 6inch ham sandwich!! We were shocked, we expected some cheap stuff like nasi lemak or roti canai. Anyway the bus rides were ok. Seat were big and comfy. I would say better than AirAsia.

At the S'pore immigration, the blady fat lady there insisted on seeing our NRIC. Who the hell checks IC when you go overseas?? Just check and chop the passport and let us go la! She insisted it's to make sure we're the correct passport holder. WTH?? She was the only arse there checking ICs, no other immigration officers did.

Upon arrival in Harbour Front, we took MRT to Little India, and checked in to our beds. I wouldn't say 'rooms' becoz all we had were just beds. I'll talk more about the hostel and Little India at the end of this post. Oh yea, S'pore MRT alone pwnz all public transport in Malaysia, what more the S'pore buses.

On the hostel reception. LOL!

Later in the evening, we visited Orchard Road. Christmas decos were up already. It was only at night where they switched on the lights. The night view of Orchard Road was really nice. Oh yea, Sheng, no need to regret k, you paid good money for a good shirt, original ZARA k!!

One of the many decos

The ever-busy Orchard Road

Decos are even inside the buildings. I like this one, a very space looking design.

Day 2, we visited the S'pore Science Center (SC). Compare to M'sia's science center, S'pore's one is like the bomb and ours is like dust. Seriously S'pore SC has soooo much to see. They even have one big section on science behind magics. We planned to spend 3hours there, but ended up spending 5hours, still we could not see everything.

China Town was kinda sien. Nothing much to do there. While the girls shopped there, the guys went over to Raffles-City Hall to get the feel of being a modernised city. It felt kinda good to just sit there and look at buildings. Haha!

It looks like some HongKong drama police station rite??

S'pore river cruise
was okay. Got to see the city and all. A rather relaxing ride. There was a commentator on the boat to tell us about the history of S'pore, and also some of the more famous buildings. The guys ate this Green Tea Red Bean ice cream there, gosh it was the best thing ever that went into my mouth.

S'pore city

Mini-Merlion. Tourism icon was it?

Esplanade, a durian looking building.

Some X-treme ride that launches you sky high in a ball. I think Sunway Lagoon has one too.

See those floating balls? They write a wish on a ball, and toss it into the river. So if I wish for them to clear the river, and they toss mine in, what will happen? Lol!

At night, we went to Plaza Singapura to watch a movie. "Beast Stalker". It was supposed to be a cantonese movie, but it was translated into chinese for Singaporeans. The plot and all not too bad, but I think it'll be better in Cantonese. Oh yea, there is this shop here that sells swords replica. There was Ichigo's Tensa Zangetsu, Hitsugaya's Hyorinmaru, and Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki. I so badly wanted to buy, but it was very expensive (S$200-S$400), and I doubt I can bring it back to Msia.

Day 3, we only went to Bugis Street, while the boys went back to Plaza Singapura to watch "The Day The Earth Stood Still", a rather boring movie. After which we met up with the girls in the hostel, and off to Harbour Front to catch the bus back to KL. That kinda ends our trip.



( F l a s h b a c k . . . )


Okay back to Little India. First time through the streets, it felt like Brickfields. Most of the shops had those super huge spiral power saving light bulbs of at least a thousand watts each, and they have a few of it. Some even had those gigantic golf-course spot lights. The streets at night was like daytime, and day time was like, daytime. THEY EVEN ON THE LIGHTS DURING THE DAY!!! Well, after midnight, when all lights are off, it was really dark, you wont know when you'll bang into someone. They really should put signs saying "pls smile" everywhere.

And our hostel, its called Inn Crowd Hostel. Its basically a back packer's hostel. They provide everything a normal hotel will provide, except blanket and privacy. We stayed in a dorm with 17 beds, of which we took 11. There were only 3 bathrooms, and 2 toilets to pee. Strictly to pee only coz you won't have enough place to sit and shit. The bathrooms didn't have hot water, but it wasn't that bad, I've seen worst. The toilets were bad, really bad, a little description from Sheng's blog:

"oh yea the toilet wei!! i didnt tell u about the toilet.. wah sei toilet experience had never been dat aweful.. ppl purposely tahan their urge until they reach the mall.. haha movie starting at 10.. 9.30 all take turns to go and bomb.. gg wei.. i dunno km got take photo of it la but.. imagine u sitting on the bowl.. the door is like.. 2mm away from ur nose.. the legs have to open wide and for long legs.. tip toe summore.. gosh.. ".

If you think those were bad, think again. At night, the nightmare comes. A Symphony Litte India-made Orchestra with zero harmony, brought together by people from all over the world. There was the drum, trumpet and violin. The drums was super loud, while the trumpet and violin made loud enough noise to keep you from falling asleep. For those who still do not know what I'm talking about, it's super loud snores by 3 fella. Two of whom slept right above and beside me. The snoring sound was so funny, at the same time so frustrating coz I couldn't sleep. I was laughing in anger. Wth. The only consolation was that the beds were relatively cheap, only S$20 per night.

Orchestra Stage

Orchestra aftermath. Over-sleeping in the morning.

Overall, this S'pore trip was really really enjoyable. I'll give it 8/10 (One point lost for the orchestra, and one more for the toilets.) I realised the location of a trip isn't that all important, its just the people. Lots of laughter and joy from the trip. Before I end, I present to you the picture of the trip!

Little India - the land where lights are on even during the day!

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter