Saturday, May 3, 2008

Packing for Irau

Today, Sky Adventure Club (SAC) had a briefing session at 3.30pm on Student Leader Room (SLR). The importance of a good pair of hiking shoes was emphasised sooooo much that a few of us actually went to Sunway Pyramid to do some last minute shopping after the meeting. Mangosteen, Elephant and Donkey bought hiking bags, I bought messtins, Sushi and Coffee bought hiking shoes. It wasn't the actual good type of hiking shoes so most of us didn't buy. And since we were in quite a rush, I didn't manage to take pictures in SP. My bad. Sorry.

In the evening, my dad took my sister and I to Carrefour to buy some snacks. I wanted to buy a pair of new shoes but it was RM79.90. Most likely I'll only wear it once so i didn't want to waste money. I'll just have to make do with whatever lousy shoes I have at home.

Later that night, I started packing. I had to change bagpack with my sister coz hers is alot bigger than mine. The following is roughly what I packed:

Items to Bring..
- Bag Pack
- Clothing (2 days 1 night, think minimum and 1 pair will put inside the car)
- Jacket + thick long pants (Its cold up there. Something like peak of Genting at night, try not to catch flu)
- Hiking Boots / Shoes (able to withstand abuse)
- Mouthwash (Convenient and easy, minus the brushing)
- Sandals / Slippers (I don’t want people stealing my sandals, AGAIN)
- Socks and more socks (Things might get muddy, you might then want to throw it away)
- Sleeping Bag / Mat
- Towel
- Toilet paper / Tissue (Wet baby wipes to clean yourself up)
- Snacks (Food to keep you going. Junk food in car yes, not on the way up)
- Drinks (Recommended one 1.5L water, one 1.5L isotonic and one 500ml water)
- Personal Toiletries (Sunblock not a must because shady and not showering. Deodorant please because not showering, thank you. )
- Personal Medication
- Poncho
- Plastic bags
- Utensils (Mess tin, spoon, fork, plate, cup)
- Gloves (Climbing rocks/branches)
- Torchlight
- Extra batteries
- Lighter
- Cash (for Cameron shopping)
- Maximum cash RM50

That ammount of things actually fitted into that bag! The small bag on the right is just an extra set of cloths that will be kept in the car.
.

After that, I tried to weight my bag using my mum's electronic weighing machine.

My weight without bagpack = 65.5kg (I know I'm fat)

My weight with bagpack = 75.7kg

Weight of bagpack = 75.7 - 65.5 = 10.2KG!! *TUT*

There will be some shared load to carry tomorrow, so it'll be heavier. Well at least I'm sure I wont be the only one carrying that heavy a load. Tomorrow have to meet at Taylors Business School (TBS) at 6am! So I better get some rest now.

One more thing before I go. I'll be using my old phone tomorrow coz I don't want to take any risk with my new hp. To be honest I kinda miss my old buddy =)

~ My 3 years good buddy~

Anyway I'm gonna sleep. Tata!


No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter