Friday, April 10, 2009

Malpe Beach

Friday and the weekend will be our Good Friday and Easter Sunday HolidayS. Hence 19 of us, went down to Malpe Beach to chill out. However our main motive for the trip was to celebrate our "1 month anniversary" in Manipal. We arrived on the 9th of March, and it was 9th of April yesterday. Shawn and Benny's idea. Lolz

Malpe Beach

Let's see if I can remember who went. (Arrangement of names are in no particular order k) The testoterones were Shawn, Edmond, Benny, DeZhi, WeiBian, Dawson, Leon, Paw, TC, Kiong SanHo and myself. The oestrogens were Garnet, Vanessa, TzeHui, Reena, LiNing, WenXin and YunLih. Yep that should be all. Oh we meet some seniors there also. Well its a long break afterall. And mind you, for us MMMC students, 2 days of holiday is considered long (Don't forget we have classes on Saturdays as well), 3days is very very rare and hence considered as unbelievably looooong!!

Chilling out~~

Back to the main story line, our last lecture ended at 4pm. Some of us went back to our respective hostels to prepare, while some went to buy some drinks, snacks and cake. Yes a cake. What's a celebration without a cake?? Benny, being his natural cheeky self, wrote "We Survived One Month In Manipal!!!" With THREE exclamation markS. Lolz. We met up at 5pm, and took autos down to Malpe Beach. The journey there was SYOK!! Imagine riding a running elephant. I knocked my head against the roof of the auto a few times T.T. The best part was this, imagine a small, narrow, close-to-90-degrees right turn, the auto literally drifted through it with another incoming auto on the other side @.@.. Garnet, who was sitting at the right most in the auto, got a shocked of her life.. LOL!!

Most of the guys

Upon arrival, we picked a spot under this really short but huge coconut tree and placed our stuff down there. After a short photo session, off to the water they went. Since I'm hydrophobic, I sat under the spot and helped them jaga their stuff, at the same time enjoying the breeze and clearing my mind. The past one week has been very hectic for me. Besides academics, there were a lot of other personal problems. Whoever told you Manipal is care-free has not experienced Manipal-life. Under the tree, I was talking to Garnet since both of us weren't in the mood to play. Thanks for listening to my rants. Oh btw, I take back what I said about JPA students, they aren't as arrogant as they look =).

Our "spot", with most of the girls

Those who were playing

This isn't me, but it was practically what I was doing the whole time.

Have I mentioned about the strong wind and drifting sand? The superficial layer of the sand was moving! It was quite a scene. Personally I enjoyed looking at the sand getting blown by the breeze. It was sort of an "art". I even video-ed it. Lolz. And the sunset was awesome. I enjoy looking at the sun, especially sunsets. Weird huh?

Sand drifting. Click to watch..

Sunset

After sunset, the place got alot darker, obviously. They changed into a dry set of clothes and off we went. Since the cake was still uncut, we decided to cut it over dinner. In other words, we brought the cake all the way to Malpe Beach for nothing. Haha. 40 minutes of iGallop, the cake was surprisingly still edible. Only the writings were gone. Dinner was in Manipal Canteen, PangHan大哥 joined us for dinner.

"他妈的! 我写的 'We Survived One Month In Manipal' 不见了! 还有那三个感叹号啊!!!" [Benny]

PangHan. He dared me to put his picture up, so.. TA~DA!! =P

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter