Saturday, March 14, 2009

Journey Into Manipal

Let's back track to my journey into Manipal. In short, it starts with a 3.5hour international flight from KLIA to Bangalore, stay a night there, then an hour domestic flight from Bangalore to Mangalore, and finally a 2.5hours elephant bus ride from Mangalore to Manipal.

Leaving KLIA wasn't easy for most of us. However, we all share a common GOAL, a common DESIRE and a common DREAM. Hence we had to take the 1st step to leave. We'll be back! Be afraid, be very afraid..

I'LL BE BACK...!!

On board MAS MH192, I played cho dai di with Chris, Arvend, Xiang and Denise. Time flies when you're actually engaged with something. Food was horrible on board, curry veg with rice. zZZ.. And their dessert was some hard cake, and that cuboidal thing was the classic definition of diabetes.

Upon arrival in Bangalore, we headed straight to the hotel. It was an hour bus ride from the airport to the hotel. I heard the hotel was rated 5 star, but from the food they served for breakfast, I wouldn't even give it 2. Minus-ing off check-in/supper/wash up time, we only had 1.5 hours of sleep rest. Everyone looked like panda-s in the morning.

Grand Lotus Hotel

They even have a flat screen LCD!! That's Chris, my roommate for that night.

Flight from Bangalore to Mangalore was, speechless... I wouldn't even call that flying thing an aeroplane. It was like, a mini flying bus jet. Seriously. 2 seats on each side, a walk way in the middle, only 1 entrance, and 1 toilet behind. The best part was when they were demonstrating the safety measures. 1st it was explained in Hindi, then repeated in English, fortunately.. And as usual, I didn't pay any attention until I heard "Please pay attention to our safety measures because it is slightly different from other airlines." That caught my attention. And you know what was the difference? This aircraft do not have life jackets!! In case of emergency landing on water, we were supposed to HUG OUR CHAIR'S CUSHION!! Seriously, I'm not pulling your legs. I was laughing like mad in the plane and the air stewardess gave me that stare while demonstrating other things. I even took a photo of their safety card as proof!

Bangalore Airport

Jet Airways' mini flying bus jet.. [Pic taken by Denise]

Doesn't it look like a bus?! That's Arvend on the right.

LMAO-ROFL-LOL!!

Landing in Mangalore was like landing in the middle of a dessert. After the plane touched down, we saw a half-built building and were like "don't tell me that's the terminal ar.." There was no other planes there, we were the only one. And the plane stopped right beside the terminal entrance. We got off the plane, less than 30 steps and we're in the terminal. And from there, one eye see all. Standing by the terminal entrance, on the left was the luggage belt (at least they had a moving electrical belt), and 20 steps in front was a counter and the exit. WALAO!! Bus station meh?!

One eye see all.. [Pic taken by Denise]

The bus ride from Mangalore airport into Manipal was horrible. If you close your eyes, you'll think you're riding an elephant. Seriously. Btw, That reminds me of what my cousin's husband told me. "In India, trains have 4 differenct classes.. Bad, very bad, extremely bad, and unbelievable." Lolz! Nevertheless I managed to sleep in the bus. Geng leh!

After arriving in Manipal, we had a welcome lunch + briefing session, then checked-in to our hostel rooms. After that, the previous posts would have explained it all. That's about it. And one last picture before I go.

This picture needs no captions. LOL!

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter